Are you a Class 2 driver but would like to drive a van and only drive a bin truck when cover is required (at a Class 2 salary)?
Your principle role will be that of a Van Driver, however you will require your Class 2 license as you will be asked to cover the Bin Truck Driver role when required.
You will be responsible for delivering and maintaining commercial waste bins, keeping an accurate stock record of all bins and organising the upkeep and safe working of storage facilities.
Your principal job duties will be, but are not limited to:
- Delivering/collecting wheelie bins
- Ensuring bins are stored correctly and stacked safely in an orderly fashion
- Keep a clean cab and ensure load security accessories are stored correctly and maintained
- To be polite and helpful to customers, ensuring compliance with our Code of Practice and to provide advice on all services as requested
- Complete all paperwork in connection to the delivery/collection round
- Ensure the driver’s hours logbook is completed and up to date and submitting on a timely manner
- To work flexibly in terms of hours and across all teams, services and between jobs to meet the needs to the company
- Ensure no full bins are stored on site overnight and are regularly emptied from site
Your start time will be approx. 6am and finishing around 3pm, or when the round is complete
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
We have carried out full risk assessments and put in place precautions to ensure the safety of our drivers when attending customer sites.
- Class 2 (preferred)